Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Erickson School



 I was so privileged to be able to visit Erickson Elementary School a couple of weeks ago. The minute I got through the door, I could feel the hope and love that came out of every classroom. I also got to meet Jennifer Carlson, the amazing and beautiful teacher who first connected The Ladybug Foundation and her fantastic school. I was so lucky that I got to meet all of the students! Their enthusiasm and love made my heart so joyful! While I was there I also got to hear about the projects that their classes had put together to raise awareness and donations for the homeless and hungry. Banners and posters lined the walls of their hallways and cans of non-perishable food piled high for the shelters in the Erickson area were right in front of the school entrance. One of their most special projects were ladybug pins. The students made salt dough balls and painted them just like ladybugs and then would give them to those who had donated to their cause. They even held a Ladybug Fest, a huge school wide event that invited families and friends of the students to participate in games and treats. The entire thing was ladybug themed! After all of their efforts Erickson Elemtary raised $1500 for the Ladybug Foundation! Their generous and special donation will be able to help so many people living with poverty and hunger. Erickson Elementary School worked so hard for those who need us the very most. Every single student did their part and more to work for what they were passionate about. I was so lucky to get to go and meet all of the staff and students at Erickson Elementary and their beautiful spirits and hearts make me so hopeful! 

0 comments: